Sunday, May 25, 2014

i HaTE WritER's BLocK - ReAlLy BAD!

SIGH.....

Writer's Block is a big green scaly monster that lurks under every writer's bed.  For some writers the nemesis choses to lurk in their closet.  Where ever it resides, it picks the place that it can leap out from and thus stop the writer's heart to the greatest effect.  (Writer's block tends to be kind a Drama Queen!)  It has a single big yellow fang that it pulls from its mouth and polishes it  with a rusty Brillo Pad, septic from being immersed in poison ink and yellow journalism. It uses this weapon with great effect ramming it through reams of paper, or in the digital age, piles of 0's and 1's thus blocking any progress on the great American novel, or in some cases a hilarious blog.  It has eleven yellow eyes that can bore through one's soul.  In short, writer's block is 100% bleach pure evil!

Now if I were a writer, I don't even play one on television, my Writer's Block would not have a name.  It would likely have a symbol, kind of like Prince, "The Pernicious Evil Formerly Known as Writer's Block."  Come to think of it, my Writer's Block looks surprisingly like "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince."  Weird.  Writer's Block's symbol would look surprisingly like interlinked capitol letter "M"s  M.M. as it were.

As of late M.M. and I have come to blows.  I am sure that if you are one the seven people who read my blog (You know who you are!) you will have noticed a lack of new material.  All of this can be attributed to M.M.  He doesn't really care for me, and after our nine year relationship I am not very fond of him either.  He actually resides eighth in my list of least favorite things, right behind Iceland.  But as they say in the music biz "He is number 1 with a bullet!" 

M.M. is a necessary evil.  Without him I don't eat.  The problem is that with him I can feel my spirit dying a slow painful death.

The fault is mostly my own.  I am so very much like the grasshopper in the Grasshopper and the Ants parable.  I tend to take things one day at a time and roll with punches as they come.  Meaning I fail to plan.  That's all well and good until you feel your spirit being crushed and there is no escape plan.  Or until you have nothing to eat.

It's a strange paradox.

So to my readers (All seven of you!)  I apologize for two things:  One, there is a lot more "DRAMA" in this post than my usual postings.  Second, if you were looking forward to more of my writing and haven't seen anything for awhile and you were saying "Where the heck is Chris and his writing?" (I tend to dream big!  It's that grasshopper in me.) I will remedy both situations post haste!

In my war against M.M. I am beginning to make some headway.  I am writing again.  That is the best.  Writing to me is very cathartic.  I also  have gotten the cameras out and I am taking pictures again.  Photography is very right brained and has always been one on my loves.  It tends to open up those right brained doors that M.M. closes.

I thank you all for your patience.  And mostly I thank you all for taking the time to read.  It really means the world to me.  And, hopefully, if I make you smile or even laugh all the better!


     

6 comments:

  1. I've met that monster called writer's block before...he's a hard one to slay. Some people say "butt in chair" is the only answer. I don't know, though. If it were that easy we'd all be writers. :-) Thanks for the laugh anyway; your posts definitely brighten up my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing this down.... Butt ... In ... The ... Chair.... Thanks! :) No but in all honesty you are right! It's like breaking through a big block of ice for me. Sometimes it just shatters and falls away in seconds. Other times you have to chip away at it for days..... I am glad that I made you laugh. That's why I do this! Best of Luck!

      Delete
  2. I am happy to be one of the Magnificent Seven! Writer's block sounds like Artist's Block. I hang out with him sometimes against my will or at least my better judgement. He's usually there buddying up next to Procrastination and Doubt as they snarf down my good ideas like they were cheesecake.. It's hard to kick them out if I am really in the mood for cheesecake, or if Distraction shows up, but it's for the best. Looking forward to some more Chris wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine that writer's block and artist's block are the same thing. Very little difference between staring at a blank page and staring at a blank canvas! Be really careful with that Chris Wisdom. Shackleton Expedition.... All based on Chris Wisdom! :) Thanks for being one of the Magnificent Seven! I am pretty sure you would be Steve McQueen! I get to be James Coburn! Without Clan Dean Wright I wouldn't get hardly any comments! :) Thanks for Reading!

      Delete
  3. Oh, this explains so much! No wonder my blog has been lagging lately.... I think I need to take my camera out and see if I can get some creative juices flowing again. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog hasn't been lagging. I definitely need to be better about leaving comments for everyone though..... You will be surprised how taking out a camera for an hour will open up the right brain! Try it! If I am wrong I give you 100% permission to punch me in the arm and tell me what I am full of. Thanks for reading! Best of luck!

      Delete